Did you see the extraordinary birthday cake Ifigenia created for me?
If not here it is!
I DID NOT make it!
Maybe, apparently…., but not as good as Ifigenia did.
I have the knowledge, but I am not really passionate about making cakes.
Ifigenia is!! I can assure you.
Some friends asked me “did you make it? why not?”
PROSECUTION vs DEFENCE
Thoughts filled my head.. Why didn’t you?
The prosecutor me threw out the categories
- You don’t have the patience
- You don’t know how to make cakes
- You cannot decorate and sculpture
The defence me did its work. “BUT”………
- You can roll more than 100 dolmadakia, and they will be perfect, alike and so beautiful
- You have cooked so many cake-like sweets and they were delicious
- You decorated bread, lunch dishes etc with great patterns and sculptures
So why not?
I really enjoy eating cakes but I don’t enjoy making them!!
That is all!
Simple and truth!
I have the ability but I PREFER to use it elsewhere!!!
I use it to cook what “I LOVE”.
And that is a very important conclusion.
Maybe I have mentioned it before, but when I was a kid, a memory so strong is that every woman, of family, friends’ families, neighbours, was FAMOUS for some specific dish!!
YES! Usually 1, that was really extraordinary.
Of course, they were very good cooks but the fact was that…..
- “No One can make the spinach-pie, Artemis (my grandmother) is making”
- “If you haven’t tasted Mrs Kalliopi’s fried doughnuts you haven’t eaten doughnuts’
- “Giannis’ cheese can embarrass any cheese maker in the world”
Can you see the pattern?
You don’t have to love everything, there is no need to be excited about every dish recipe out there!
HEAR YOUR EXPERTISE
You just have to hear your expertise! What is this field you rock?
Maybe you are
- the pasta expert
- risotto magician
- barbecue man
- cookies lover
- soup charmer
SO WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
“Dive into your kitchen and cook what you love!“